Thursday 10th March
Arrive between 7.00pm - 8.00pm. Finishes by 9am
Victoria Gate Car Park, 44 Victoria Gate, Leeds LS2 7AU
All funds raised at the Leeds SleepOut will go towards supporting the WomenCentre in Calderdale
WomenCentre provides holistic, one-stop services at our centres and in the community. Our wide-ranging services include emotional and practical support on issues such as debt, benefits, mental or physical health, domestic violence, counselling, training and development and much more.
WomenCentre enables women to:
- Improve health and well-being.
- Increase training and employment opportunities for improved economic conditions.
- Raise self-confidence, self-esteem and social interaction skills.
- Improve citizenship and social inclusion.
- Support the development of positive, safe and stable circumstances and relationships.
- Improve safety and well-being of their children.
How will you be making the event COVID secure?
Firstly, all of the venues are outside/open to the elements. As we know from the evidence so far, being outside is considerably safer than inside.
In addition, there will be plenty of space to social distance throughout the event.
Finally, we will be encouraging everyone to take a lateral flow test before attending the event.
About the evening
By attending the LandAid SleepOut you will gain a small insight into the conditions faced by thousands of young people across the UK every single night. During the event you will hear from the charities and young people that LandAid support.
The events will be open to the elements, so please do come prepared. Throughout the evening we will be serving hot drinks and snacks, but we do ask you to eat prior to coming. There will be a hot breakfast served in the morning.